Tuesday, April 27, 2010

ETC ETC - DOWNTOWN SESSIONS

Etc Etc - Downtown Sessions
Belfast, 1980-82, Blue Rhythm, Tape & Unreleased

Yet again thanks to Paul McIlwaine for allowing me to up this to me blog and takne from his excellent Grinning Soul Blog. This is a collection of sessions for Downtown Radio, and I've been listening to this nonstop since I got my hands on it, worth it for 'Voice Of A Nation' alone, download it and you'll see what I mean :) The following blurb comes from Paul Mc, "Etc Etc where formed by Paul Maxwell lead singer of the Tearjerkers and Paul McIlwaine Guitar. While the Tearjerkers where a pure power pop outfit Etc's veered towards a more arty form of pop and featured the synthesizer of art student Stephen Mallaghan. Gregg Lindsey also from the later day line-up Tearjerkers played drums with Joe Sharpe on Bass guitar.

The band played live continually between 1980 and 1981 and recorded several sessions for Belfast's Downtown Radio station which where then released via the Blue Rhythm Label in Belfast and Portadown."

No comments:

Post a Comment